March in a 2012 July 4th Parade!
|Get the word out! Join a parade! || Get your Tribe to march with you!! Attend more than one!! Spread the word!! |
| || |
- Downers Grove
July 4th Parade starts at Main & Grant. It's reversed this year. Line up is from 11:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. Parade steps off at 1:00 p.m. There will be no judging this year.
We are SECTION 3 which is Sherman Street and Main Street. They suggest that we park East of Main Street. Please look for the parade marshal wearing the red t shirt. He will direct you where to go.
July 4th Line forms at 9:00 a.m. and parade steps off at 10:00 a.m. We meet at 6th Street East of Garfield.
· Garfield Street will be closed to traffic at 9:00 am.
· The fire trucks on 8th East will empty first, then the streets in the order listed.
· Please line up in the order listed for your street.
· Enter at rear of the street. This insures that groups with large vehicles will not need to turn around. Please see map for access points.
· Entries are not judged so numbers will not be issued.
July 4th Parade starts at 11:00 a.m at the Lisle Village Hall 925 Burlington Ave. Please be there no later than 10:30 a.m. for line up. The Lisle Junior High has been designated as the pickup area for walking participants after the parade.
There are to be no squirt guns or super soakers at any of the parades. Candy may be passed out next to curbs but NO throwing candy.
| || |
WEAR YOUR VESTS and
BRING A WATER BOTTLE!
PLEASE BRING A WAGON TO HELP CARRY THE FEATHER HEADRESSES AND CANDY WE’LL BE DISTRIBUTING